Allow us to show you some things you might want to see and do in the course of a short break to Luxembourg.
Luxembourg City is the capital of one of Europe’s smallest sovereign states: the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg, measuring a mere 51 miles from top to bottom (32 miles from East to West) harbouring a population of around half a million. The cosmopolitan capital is perched high atop a rocky outcrop, overlooking the rivers Petrusse and Alzette, and offers stunning views from the city’s old ramparts – both by day and by night.
Throughout the Middle Ages Luxembourg City was a mighty fortress -called “Gibraltar of the North”- and parts of the original walls and fortifications remain. It is now a UNESCO world heritage site. Luxembourg is a lively city with gourmet restaurants, outdoor bars and cafés and excellent nightlife.
Luxembourg is only an hour’s flight from London, there are 10 scheduled flights a day from the UK (Heathrow, City, Gatwick & Manchester), and your airport-city trip takes a mere 15 minutes.
- The best beaches for long weekend getaways
- Top 5 Thermal Baths in Budapest
- Best things to Do in Budapest
- How to Find Reliable Transport From and To Prague Airport
- Luxembourg City – Ever returned from a short break feeling you need another?
- Best Things To Do With Your Partner in Rome
- Corfu Beach
- An Irish Weekend in Dublin
- Greece: planning a great family vacation
- Best Pubs and Bars in Paris
- What Not to Do While in Crete